March 14, 2012
10 tips for Aussies going to America for SXSW
By Scott Nolan, Senior Designer
- Look at who’s talking, not the name of the talk. (But throw in some wild cards while you’re there. You’ll be surprised what you find.)
- You will see some terribly boring sessions that don’t live up to the hype.
- Bring your chargers, your smart phone and tablets will die.
- Get to Austin at least a full day early so you can check out what it’s like, find out where things are, but most importantly catch up on some sleep.
- Plan early, the hotels book out quickly.
- There isn’t a lot of (in fact pretty much any) healthy food in Austin.
- Watch out for the zebra crossings – they don’t work the same way. The lights don’t even beep for the blind.
- The weather is random, so pack for all seasons.
- Watch out for weekday rush hours when you’re trying to get around. They’re nuts.
- Finally check out SX Survival